TimeFan

It's TIME for a forum about webcomics.
It is currently September 25th, 2017 09:55:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Resources
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008 06:20:26 am 
Jamist
Jamist

I've never played Settlers of Catan. I tried to play the online version once, but gave up quickly because it was too complicated to learn in a few minutes without the help of instructions (yeah, I know, it sounds lazy, but I've been busy).

That being said, this "good friend" of Lewis's sounds like an awesome person. That is seriously one of the best going-away presents I've ever heard of (at least, one of the best inexpensive going-away presents I've heard of).

It's not a Devil May Cry game unless Dante gets pinned to a wall and/or the ground by his own sword.
Preferably multiple times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008 11:50:44 am 
Month

I have played settlers of cataan and i think it is an excellent idea for a present. I'm considering stealing the idea for my friend's 30th this saturday... all i need is a piece of wheat...

All hail The Green Grocer

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008 12:35:33 pm 
Month

and whose is this mysterious blue settlement anyway? I dont think Gunpowder should trust him...

and whilst we're on it, how doth go the task to update the cast (Lewis)?

All hail The Green Grocer

Steve :)

anyone got any good ideas of a second rank of super villianry ie one step up from Henchman.. i was thinking IGOR (obviously a terry pratchet homage) but ideal i need something a small step up from henchman.. i was leaning towards loyal bodyguard but wanted something ' glitzy'

PS - i can't sleep tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008 13:38:32 pm 
Factitious

Deathblade_Penguin wrote:
and whilst we're on it, how doth go the task to update the cast (Lewis)?

I think Lewis is busy sleeping on the job right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008 20:37:57 pm 
Yorkster
Yorkster

That is a pretty awesome gift. As for learning settlers online - yeah, that's probably not such a good idea. I've played online more than in person, but I played my first 5 or so games in person. I prefer to play in person, but it tends to be easier to get a game going online, since the only times I really have much time to play are over breaks, when no one I know is around.

However, if you want to learn online, I can try to teach you over at games.asobrain.com (I think there's a non-ranking lobby, and you can make sure you only play with people who aren't going to be insulting or annoyed if you take a little time to decide what to do next). Except that I'm just going into dead week, followed by finals week, so maybe in a couple of weeks? The offer stands for anyone, not just Batman, the Caped Crusader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008 21:57:03 pm 
Jamist
Jamist

Thanks! I believe I shall take you up on that offer as soon as is convenient for both of us.

It's not a Devil May Cry game unless Dante gets pinned to a wall and/or the ground by his own sword.
Preferably multiple times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008 22:56:33 pm 
Aoristocrat
Aoristocrat

I've played with Seafarers once so I know the rules, I might have to take you up on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2008 11:50:49 am 
Yorkster
Yorkster

I'm a big fan of settlers, and if you are organising a game I'm well up for joining in!

At some point I'm going to have to buy the actual board game so I can play IRL too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2008 09:39:30 am 
Month

I also have played settlers but in real life.. not on line. Good game. if you need an extra.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2008 19:49:43 pm 
Month

Deathblade_Penguin wrote:
anyone got any good ideas of a second rank of super villianry ie one step up from Henchman.. i was thinking IGOR (obviously a terry pratchet homage) but ideal i need something a small step up from henchman.. i was leaning towards loyal bodyguard but wanted something ' glitzy'

How about "accomplice"? Or "aider and abetter"?

Where else should you be?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]