TimeFan

It's TIME for a forum about webcomics.
It is currently September 21st, 2017 01:26:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: April 17th, 2007 00:23:57 am 
Jamist
Jamist

So...looking at the other comics on photowebcomics.com, I have to say I am distinctly disappointed.

What I mean is, why on earth is Terror Island not the number 1 webcomic on the list? It should be destroying the other comics. I can hardly read the others--Terror Island is just so much funnier, more intelligent, better photographed (the lighting, colors, brightness, and overall clarity are just fantastic), easier to read (because it looks better and because the speech bubbles are clearer), and so on.

Take, for instance, the number 1 comic on the list, "Ask Dr. Eldritch." From what I've read, its writing is fairly clever, but the text in the speech bubbles is in strange fonts, the backgrounds are hideous and don't blend well with the characters, and the characters, since they are action figures, are, I think, painfully awkward to look at. I find it next to impossible to suspend my disbelief. Why is this webcomic so popular?

I think I must make it my goal, therefore, to spread the word as much as possible about Terror Island. Such clear mastery of the medium, such brilliant, unfaltering comedic instinct, should not go unnoticed and unrecognized.

On second thought, maybe I should have posted this in the Essay Contest thread, since it's obvious I'm desperate to get some faction-based recognition for my awesomeness.

It's not a Devil May Cry game unless Dante gets pinned to a wall and/or the ground by his own sword.
Preferably multiple times.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]