TimeFan

It's TIME for a forum about webcomics.
It is currently September 19th, 2017 11:35:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 6th, 2013 22:30:56 pm 
Week

Wow...that was a crushingly boring title to a topic....
But the comic is really fun.

It's weird though, to read I mean.
The humour is so odd, off the wall and down right meta that when I tried to explain it to my friend I sounded like a complete idiot.

My favourite character is the little girl...whose name I cant remember right now...the one that looks like a troll....she's third on the list of smileys I can post to the left of this message.
I like that she is innocent and good natured. Too much comedy is entirely cynical and negative, so its nice to have someone more positive. Not that cynical comedy is always bad but after a while it can be a bit of a downer.

My least favourite is that boss guy who has a head like a dick that a freaky alien comes out of....what the hell is that supposed to be anyway? Seriously, that guy freaks me the hell out! I know everyone in the comic is weird looking, but usually it is lovable weird! He is just "ARGH KILL WITH FIRE WEIRD!"

Lastly....am I allowed to talk about Power Up comics on here? Is there a particular place I am supposed to talk about it?

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013 03:13:18 am 
Year

Thank you!

A dude complained that my character designs were getting too mundane, and I responded by going completely over-the-top with the next character that I designed.

You can most certainly talk about Powerup Comics in here. That is allowed.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013 11:39:05 am 
Week

Power Up Comics is also kick ass.

I am concerned that by liking it I am becoming almost as obsessed with meta and irony as Unwinder...

The best bit of Power Up Comics was the whole DnD parody in the lift.
When Chug rolls the dice and says "I shoot you with a crossbow for saying that" it was awesome.

Also, that was one of the best bits for giving hints of how Shadowgamers "real life" might be different from his comic persona.
We kinda got hints there that Chug doesn't really hate all the people Shad does and that they are exaggerations of real people etc.

I could really envision the real events where everyone was getting along great until Shad barges in and ruins the game for everyone.

I imagined Chug taller than Shad in real life, with him as the more mature one who was nice enough to indulge Shad's nonsense and making his comic for him etc, so it was more him being charitable rather than being intimidated and going along with things he didn't want to.
Real Dorkwinkle was EXACTLY what I imagined though.

Now with regard to Unwinder, I had an idea that would be helpful for navigating it. I Dont know if this would be too hard to do, but....

On the About section it would be good if you could click on a character or their name and see a list of all the comics featuring that character.
So if I want to see all the Doctor Minivan stuff, or (in my case) all the Shadow and Chug ones, I could go right there.

And there should be a smiley on this forum for Painburger. What if I want to express that I am being evil? Like if I made a troll comic to annoy CAD fans and the Drunk Duck community, I might need some way to articulate in image form the evil that drove me to such an act.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2013 23:22:27 pm 
Year

I could probably do a feature like that sometime. Got to learn more stuff about websites though.

Powerup Comics is so good. I've got to get it through this slow period and back to doing what it does best.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2013 05:33:12 am 
Month

The Amy/Shadow team-up has been great, though. It's amazing how her artwork undermines Shadow's macho facade. The comic is most satisfying when we are allowed to see glimpses behind the curtain--when we are shown just how tragically pathetic Shadow is.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2013 05:32:07 am 
Month

Powerup Comics is really good.